For our Fabulous Fajita Friday, I usually start with lightly stir frying some sliced red, green, orange and yellow peppers. And I also add in some of the spice from the package found in the dinner kit.
And because we love different flavours at our house, I also like to serve fresh salsas. This colourful fruit salsa is our new favourite salsa. It takes a bit of time but it is so worth it! The fresh taste when paired with fajitas, tacos or chicken or fish is amazing!
1 mango, diced
1 cup diced pineapple
1 avocado, diced
1/2 cup diced red onion
bunch of cilantro, finely chopped
half a lime
1. Mix together mango, pineapple, avocado, red onion and cilantro.
2. Squeeze juice from lime into mixture. Stir gently so salsa does not get mushy.
3. Serve with tortilla chips, fajitas, tacos, chicken or fish.
And for our Fabulous Fajita Friday, I set out bowls of the main ingredients so it becomes a self-serve, take-what-you-like buffet! Included in our buffet:
- stir fried chicken strips
- stir fried coloured peppers
- soft taco shells
- tortilla chips
- diced green onion
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- salsas and the sauce included in the dinner kit
Fabulous Fajita Friday makes a great meal for family or friends and it’s such a good way to end a busy week. I always see happy smiles when I mention that it’s ‘Fabulous Fajita Friday’.