There is no easier summer dessert on the planet than ice cream…and when some grilled fruit skewers are added, the dessert becomes even more tasty & scrumptious! Threading some cut-up fruit on skewers takes very little time and with a yummy & flavorful brushed-on glaze such as Patak’s Sweet Mango Chutney with a little honey and orange juice, the result is so delicious! You must give this easy dessert a try!
The wonderful thing about this glaze is that it caramelizes on the grilled fruit so that it is warm, sweet and slightly spicy…which makes an amazing partner to vanilla ice cream. And kids will love helping to cut up the fruit or threading it on the skewers, so it can become a fun family activity too!
This recipe is so easy! You really only need to start with some Patak’s Mango Chutney and then stir in a few other ingredients such as honey or brown sugar, and a little juice so it is easier to brush on the fruit.
- Cut up fruit such as bananas, kiwi, papaya, pineapple, peaches, etc.
- 1/2 cup Patak's Sweet Mango Chutney
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1. In a small bowl, mix chutney with honey & orange juice.
- 2. Thread cut up fruit onto skewers.
- 3. Brush glaze on fruit skewers and grill on medium heat for 5 minutes, turning halfway thru.
- 4. Remove from grill and serve warm with ice cream or other frozen dessert.