Homemade Peppermint Foot Soak

I have been busy with Christmas this week…having lots of fun creating homemade gifts!
I have a number of projects that I want to share with you in the coming weeks.
I have an important rule though.
I want to share with you projects that only take about an hour of your time…because we are all busy people, right?
I like projects that are completely do-able in a reasonable amount of time….so an hour is my rule of thumb.
The first project I tackled this week…
*Peppermint Foot Soak*

This is a great gift for friends, teachers, book club members and any girl on your Christmas list!
For this project you will need:
Small jars…recycled, canning jars or from the dollar store.
I got these for $1 at the Dollarama.
Epsom salts and peppermint oil.
I picked up this bag of epsom salts at Superstore for $4.29.
Peppermint oil can be found at any health food or natural foods store.
I found peppermint oil in the drug section of my local grocery store for $13.99.
Pour the epsom salts into a bowl and add 8-10 drops of peppermint oil to the salts and mix up with  a spoon.
Now scoop the peppermint foot soak into the small, clean jars,
Embellish with ribbon and a mini candy cane if you like.
This gift would also be great paired with soft, fluffy socks.
I picked up a cute red pair from Dollarama.
Now, how did I make those labels, you ask?
Here’s a tip…Avery Labels has a great site where you can go and design and print your labels online.
I love this site and I have used it several times for address labels, organizational labels and food labels.
I picked up a package of the new oval labels from Staples for around $13.00.
I know that I will use these labels often, so the cost was worth it to me.
Then I went online to the Avery ‘Design & Print Online’ tab, put in the number of this product and made the labels.
I then printed the labels from my computer, peeled them off the sheet and put them on the jars.
Easy!
If you have never done this before, it may take you a little time to figure it out, but having this skill is so useful!
You could also make labels with scrapbook supplies.
Whatever works for you!

Using the size jars and the bag of epsom salts I used made 8 jars of peppermint foot soak.
You could use smaller jars to make more gifts if you like!

Here are some other homemade Christmas gift ideas you might like:

And you can take a peek at these boards on Pinterest:

Linked to:
Handmade Wrap & Gift Party, Handmade Gifts,

Comments

Oh My GOODNESS!!!! I am SO going to do this! you're amazing lol! Looks like this is going to be go-to Holiday blog! Maybe I'll make them for the women in Bible Study to! btw I just got all my Christmas cards printed yesterday going to try and have them all addressed by Dec.1st! Thanks to your inspiration!

I love this idea! Perfect for gifts, like you said. I'd probably want to keep it all for myself! Thanks for the tips on where to buy things,too. That's always helpful.:)

That is a great idea! I would love to tuck a homemade gift in with all the other stuff i am doing for family and friends. Just a little pamper item like this would be great (:

This is just the type of gifts I love to make!!! Could you tell me what size your jars are? This would be about how many I would like to make. Would a tablespoon or two in pan of warm water be sufficient? I am bookmarking your blog! It's terrific!!!

I love this idea- and I have been on the lookout for great homemade gifts! I know I have found a good one when it is something that I would like to receive myself! I plan to feature a picture and a link to this post in my Sunday Links to Love post over at http://www.momof6.com!
    Thanks!

Hello there!
    I am a nursing student, and as you can imagine, am very very overwhelmed with school! I haven't had the slightest bit of time to do ANY Christmas shopping :( In panic mode last night, I resorted to good 'ole Pinterest for some DIY yourself ideas! I am huge on DIY projects, especially being on a tight budget since I am in school I do not have time for a job. Stumbled across your blog last night, and let me tell you… IT SAVED ME!! I got so giddy at the idea at making this foot soak, set my alarm for bright and early this morning, drove 2 minutes up the road to the health food store, picked up the ingredients and rushed home. Wa la! Foot soak complete, along with my kitchen smelling of an amazing peppermint scent :-) so excited to give these as gifts to the women in my family and my boyfriends family! Thanks so much for sharing, and for saving Christmas for me!! I will be checking your blog regularly from now on :)
    Merry Christmas to you and your family!
    -Meredith from MD

Angie, I can almost smell the scrub through my computer screen. It looks awesome! I am featuring it on my blog today! Thank you so much for linking up with us AT Get Your DIY On and I hope you'll link up your "all star" projects with us tonight!

Mandy @ The Hankful House Blog