If there is one thing that I love more than Christmas baking, it’s Easter baking. I adore the soft and happy feel of pastel colors and adding those colours to baking treats is something that I completely love. These Nest Cookies for Easter marry a soft and tasty cookie flavoured with the taste of delicious eggs and butter with a coconut ‘nest’ and candy-coated chocolate eggs to create a cookie that embodies everything that Easter is about…new beginnings, new life, growth and renewal. To me, the egg symbolizes all of those wonderful things about this time of year, and it really is a time to celebrate.
1.5 cups vanilla frosting
1.5 cups shredded sweetened coconut
yellow food colouring
candy coated chocolate eggs
5. While cookies are baking, mix a few drops of yellow food colouring into coconut to may ‘hay’ for nests.
6. When cookies are cool, add a small amount of vanilla frosting to ‘nest’. Sprinkle yellow coconut on top of frosting and decorate with candy-coated eggs.
I am so excited to share with you that Burnbrae Farms will be hosting a #EggsForEasterTwitter Party on March 26, with over $1000 in fabulous prizes from Hamilton Beach & Burnbrae Farms including:
- Hamilton Beach Stack & Snap 12 Cup Food Processor
- Hamilton Beach 2 Speed Hand Blender
- Hamilton Beach Stand Mixer
- BBF Gift Pack including merchandise & coupons and $25 MasterCard Gift Card
3 Hamilton Beach $50 prize packs
I love to make my grandmother's Hot Cross Buns!
Caryn Salageanu says
I love making easter cookies with the kids!
Rennea Briggs says
Cant wait to start baking Easter goodies with my daughter.
Stephanie LaPlante says
Decorated egg shaped cookies
I like dying eggs and putting them in a basket.
Brenda Penton says
My favourite is Mini Egg cheesecake
Karla S says
Mini Egg Chocolate Chip Cookies!!
Jonnie (JB) says
Maple Mini Egg Fudge is our favorite!