2 1/4 cups flour
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups to 2 cups diced apples
1/2 cup-1 cup chopped walnuts
1 tablespoon apple pie spice or 1 tablespoon cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon cloves
2 Tbs. melted butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
Directions: Preheat oven to 375.
1. In bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and spice. Set aside.
2. In small bowl, mix together buttermilk, egg, melted butter and vanilla.
3. Make a ‘well’ in dry ingredients and add buttermilk mixture. Stir gently until just combined, then add diced apples and walnuts and just stir until combined. Batter will still be lumpy.
4. Pour batter into paper-lined muffins tin or loaf pan.
5. Bake about 18-20 minutes for muffins and mini-loaves, 30-35 minutes for large loaf, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
Stir together sugar, butter and cinnamon, and brush on warm muffins or loaves.
Disclosure: I am a part of the Life Made Delicious Blogger Program and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.