There is nothing we love more in winter for family togetherness than cuddling up with blankets and pillows and enjoying a delish hot appy and a good movie. With my kids being older and everyone having busy schedules, time together is very precious. And this appetizer is definitely a favourite, except this time I put a bit of a different twist on it with the help of some Patak’s sauces by adding some curry to the skins and mixing up a crazy-good mango chutney sour cream dip. The blend of the spicy curry potato skins with the sweetness of the mango chutney is an absolutely amazing flavour combination, and it was a great way to mix in a little India for an Indian-themed movie night.
3. Slice warm potatoes lengthwise and let cool more.
4. Using a spoon, scoop out potato flesh and then slice skins into wedges as shown. Leave a little potato on each skin so the skin will hold the toppings.
5.In bowl, mix together 3/4 cup olive oil with 1-2 tablespoons of Patak’s Vindaloo Curry Sauce to make a nice spiced oil. Brush skins with curry olive oil.
6. Return skins to 400 oven and bake until skins are golden and crisp….20-25 minutes.
7. Remove skins from oven and sprinkle generously with cheese and green onions. Return to oven and bake until cheese melts…approx. 5-7 minutes.
8. Remove from oven. Plate immediately and serve with mango chutney sour cream.
My kids loved this new twist on an old favourite!