40 Amazing Family Reunion Ideas

Summer is that time of year for family reunions, picnics, company parties and lots of other gatherings. Our family used to have a family reunion each summer that was organized by one of my Aunt’s and her husband. My aunt loved planning this gathering each summer and we always had things like an egg & spoon race and a hat decorating contest. Many, many happy memories were made and laughs were shared at this once-a-year frolic, and in the spirit of that,  I have rounded up 40 ideas that I love for family reunions…including everything from food & drink ideas, to dessert tables, snacks and games.

Here are some great ideas for feeding hungry people:
Rustic Taco Bar

Grilled Corn on The Cob

Pannini Bar

Looking for breakfast ideas earlier in the day?
Waffle Bar

I love these ideas for drinks!
There are so many ideas for desserts to consider!
And here are few ways to organize utensils:
Packaged Utensils
I absolutely **LOVE** all of these games & activity ideas for all ages!
Lawn Checkers

Old Fashioned Egg & Spoon Race
{I **adore** this picture!}

Old Fashioned Music Station

Here are a couple of ideas for snack stations:
Popcorn

Milk & Cookies

Of all of these ideas, which was your favourite?

Will you be attending a family reunion this summer?
If so, what kind of activities and food will you see at your gathering?

For more ideas, take a peek at these boards on Pinterest:
Family Reunions
Wedding Ideas to Love
Vintage Campers To Love
S’mores Ideas to Love
Drinks To Love

This post is linked to these parties:
The Creative Collection,  The Scoop,

Comments

You are amazing Angie! You have so many ideas to make for a rich, full life. Now I wish I had a family reunion in the works. 😉

Jo

I really like the photos and ideas for the family reunion post. At a glance I can see some that I'd like to try this summer! Those of you that aren't attending a reunion could also use the ideas for a neighbourhood block party or even a child's birthday party.

Especially like the mason jar cocktails and the s'mores station.

P.S. Love the visual impact and layout of the site. I'm just learning but getting lots of ideas from your site.

J.K.S Three Books On The Shelf

Oh my gosh! I am so glad you shared this at Party In Polka Dots! My husband's family-well they are mine too! ;)- just had their family reunion over the weekend. It ended today and we are kind of sad to see everyone leave town… but these ideas cheered me right up for next year! Thank you so much for partying with me!

Shelley

These are all great, thanks so much, our family reunion is next year, so I will be needing this resource then. I have pinned it. Thank you!

The one that made me say, "Oh wow, I never thought of that!" was the Fruit Pizza Bar. I love making fruit pizzas on large cookie sheets for potlucks because they get eaten up every time! I never once thought of using individual sugar cookies & letting people pick their own fruit toppings! My favorite is mandarin oranges, pineapple tidbits & coconut but I also love using strawberries & blueberries. All of these ideas are awesome!

This is a fabulous post!!!!! I’ll be linking to this on my blog for sure. Strong families make life so rich. Thanks for encouragement in that direction….. Blessings!

Trackbacks