2 pie shells, purchased or homemade
1 tbsp. canola oil
1 leek chopped, white & light green parts only
2-3cups sliced mushrooms
2 cups milk
2 tsp. fresh dill or thyme
1.5 cups shredded Swiss cheese, or favourite cheese.
1. Heat oven to 375. Cook pie shells for 10 min. Remove from oven and let cool. Increase oven to 425.
2. Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp. canola oil in frying pan and cook mushrooms and leeks until tender and golden in colour. Season to taste with salt & pepper.
3. In large mixing bowl, beat eggs until frothy. Add milk, and dill or thyme.
4. To cooled pie shells, add half of shredded cheese and all of cooked veggies.dividing evenly between each shell. Pour egg & milk mixture into pie, dividing evenly. Sprinkle pies with remaining cheese.
5. Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
6. Serve with a crisp salad and fruit slices.
Delectable Shrimp Cakes
Broccoli & Mushroom Fritatas Made In A Muffin Tin
Scrumptious Salmon Cakes