2 pie shells, purchased or homemade
1 tbsp. canola oil
1 leek chopped, white & light green parts only
2-3cups sliced mushrooms
2 cups milk
2 tsp. fresh dill or thyme
1.5 cups shredded Swiss cheese, or favourite cheese.
1. Heat oven to 375. Cook pie shells for 10 min. Remove from oven and let cool. Increase oven to 425.
2. Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp. canola oil in frying pan and cook mushrooms and leeks until tender and golden in colour. Season to taste with salt & pepper.
3. In large mixing bowl, beat eggs until frothy. Add milk, and dill or thyme.
4. To cooled pie shells, add half of shredded cheese and all of cooked veggies.dividing evenly between each shell. Pour egg & milk mixture into pie, dividing evenly. Sprinkle pies with remaining cheese.
5. Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
6. Serve with a crisp salad and fruit slices.
Delectable Shrimp Cakes
Broccoli & Mushroom Fritatas Made In A Muffin Tin
Scrumptious Salmon Cakes
Rustown Mom says
I love quiche, too and have always wanted to try leeks. We usually have them around Christmastime, but they are great any time, in my opinion! This looks great!
hmmm leek and mushrooms, sounds tasty! 🙂
Hello my friend, I have just pinned another one of your great recipes. I love quiche, for the reasons that you stated and because they are just plain delicious! Thanks so much.
Nails Beautiqued says
Hmm! Looks so good 🙂
Mmm, delicious! Love leeks and love mushrooms. What a perfect combination. This will make a perfect lunch for hubs and me.
Now, what about that tastey looking salad? Just an Italian dressing on them?
Yum Angie! The quiche looks yummy!! When I don't have pie shells, I just put all my ingredients in a baking dish 🙂
Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer… From Dream To Reality! I'm looking forward to seeing what you link up this evening! 🙂
Cheryl @ That's What Che Said says
Pinned this! Looks awesome! Thanks for linking up to Monday Funday! We hope to see you back this weekend! xoxo – Cheryl
FABBY'S LIVING says
This looks great, I love pies at any time like you! Thank you for the recipe. Have a nice week.
I love quiche and I love mushrooms and leeks. I can't wait to try this recipe! I'm pinning it so I don't forget…