Sea Creature Lunch for Littles…

Today I am sharing a cute lunch idea for those small sea monsters in your house.
Sometimes it’s a nice change to get away from the usual lunch foods and mix things up a little with a creative spin.
I have created this fun beach-themed lunch to add some excitement to a hot summer day…best of all, you can enjoy this without leaving the house.
Get kids involved by having them help you assemble the plates by adding the mamma & baby octopus and fish crackers.

For this lunch you will need:
Hot Dogs to make Mama & Baby Octopus.
Fish Crackers
Carrots & Cucumbers to make ‘seaweed’
Grape Tomatoes to make red sea coral
Ranch Dip for seaweed & red sea coral.

Directions:
Cook 2 hot dogs per plate. Cut 1 hot dog as shown to make Mama Octopus. Cut another hot dog in half. Use one half of hot dog to cut as shown to make Baby Octopus. Put Mama & Baby Octopus on plate. Garnish with fish crackers. Cut carrots & cucumber into small sticks to make ‘seaweed’ as shown. Cut grape tomatoes in half and then add additional cuts to make red sea coral. Add ‘seaweed’ and ‘red sea coral’ to plate as shown. Add small container of ranch dressing for dipping ‘seaweed’.

Now pair up with the sea creatures lunch with the Beachy Blue Slurpee and you have a fun lunch!
Now, let’s spread out that beach blanket and EAT….BON APPETIT !!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH for joining me today.

Comments

My younger daughter is having a mermaide party next months and I have thought about making those hot dogs for lunch. My older kids loved them when they were younger.

Hi Angie,

This is super cute! And just goes to show the versatility of this ingredients. I just did a fishy theme for my daughter's birthday party, using many of the same ideas. It was so much fun!

I followed you over from the Sundae Scoop linky party. I would love if you stopped by my blog.

Thanks for sharing,
    Laura

SOOOO CUTE and FUN!!!! This is really awesome!! Ummm.. that blue drink looks super yummy too!

Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality! Have a great day! :)

these are such adorable ideas! I just discovered your blog as well. Can't wait to learn more about you and your designs! Any decorating plans for Canada's day? We have some simple inspirations (www.eieihome.com/blog/easy-canada-day-decor.html). Keep us posted with your weekend :)

Such a good idea for kids!

I found you via the Tuesday Talent Show from Chef in Training
    I have linked up a simple little cheese and cracker plate
    Have a super week.

I have just stumbled across your blog and I am loving it! A cute idea to add to these hot dogs is that if you cut them before boiling, the legs curl naturally. Also, you can cut a face into them, and when they boil, they plump and the face plumps slightly. It's really very cute.