Apple Treats Week: Decandent Caramel Apple Dip…

Welcome to the 4th edition of Apple Treats Week!
I am super excited to share this recipe with you…because if you have never tried this before…you are in for a wonderful treat!
It’s so good it’s ridiculous!

I first had this delicious dip about 8 years ago when my SIL brought it to a scrapbook day that our scrapbook group was having.
It was a huge hit and I know we had her running to the kitchen to cut up more apples!
I have since taken this dip to book club, meetings and other gatherings and it is always a hit with people asking for the recipe.

There is something about caramel and apples that go hand and hand…they are like best friends on a playground!
It’s also an easy, no-bake recipe…it actually takes longer to cut up the apples than it does to make the dip.
This dip also has only 5 ingredients:
Cream Cheese
 To the cream cheese you add: 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
Mix until creamy and fluffy.

Then spread this mixture on a pretty plate with a spatula.

Then 2 other ingredients are needed:

Caramel Sauce.
Skor Toffee Bits.
Now spread the caramel sauce on top of the cream cheese mixture.

And sprinkle generously with skor toffee bits.
and now surround the dip with slices of Granny Smith apples.

And now you have created the most dreamy dip ever!
Look at this:

It is the perfect bite!
The tartness of the apple, the richness of the cream cheese, the sweetness of the caramel sauce and the crunch of the skor toffee bits….it is the most delicious bite!

The ingredients I showed you can make one large dip on a large platter, or 2 smaller dips on dinner size plates.
On this day, I made 2 dinner plate size dips…one for my teenage daughter and her friends,  and one for the rest of the house.

So, have I tempted you? Will you be making this dip?
If you would like to see what else was shared for Apple Treats Week, check out these recipes:
Salted Caramel Apple Cookies, go here.
Apple Brownies, go here.
Apples+Pastry=Family Fun, go here.

Thank you so much for joining me at Apple Treats Week!
Come back tomorrow for the last treat of the week.

Comments

Oh mercy….this looks incredible! And so easy! Right up my alley! Found you on TT&J! Thanks for sharing! Your blog is adorable!

Natalie from
    NatSprat.blogpsot.com! :)

This seriously makes my mouth water. I'll definitely try this.

I've been looking around your blog, found you through Six Sisters', and love it. I'm your newest follower!

Oh that looks SO yummy!!! I've loved your apple series Angie. You're so lucky to have an apple tree at your disposal! I took the kids apple picking last weekend – turned into a 3 hour outing. Thanks so much for sharing this at The Creative Spark. I'll be featuring it tomorrow.
    Jenn xo

What a great week! I just went apple picking last weekend and am looking for new apple recipes. I will surely be tring some of yours. Thanks for all the yummy ideas.
    Love your blog!

Danielle : )

You're trying to get us all fat, aren't you? :-) Hooray for that!!! It looks beautiful, too. Did you dip the apple slices in lemon juice or something else to keep them from browning?

Angie, what a perfectly delicious and easy way to enjoy fresh apples! Mmmm….that cream cheese, caramel and toffee combinations must be to-die-for!

Congratulations on making "cut" at the CSI Project! I'm enjoying visiting the top 10, making new friends and picking up inspirations along the way!

Jenn/Rook No. 17

I make a similar dip, but add the toffee chips right in and they get soft. Also, the dip I make doesn't add the caramel sauce – that looks like a great addition!

Trust me ladies…. it truly is more delicious then it looks, and Ang you took awesome pictures…. I was one of the ones in the scrapbook group that day!!!!

I make it without adding anything to the cream cheese and it is delicous. Also cut your apples and dip them in Pineapple juice. It keeps them from turning brown and does not give them a nasty taste like lemon juice does.