2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup melted butter
2 cups icing sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup cream cheese
4-5 large bananas
2/3 cup maraschino cherries, chopped in two and drained well
1 can pineapple tidbits, drained well
3 cups whipped cream or Cool Whip
chocolate sprinkles for garnish, if desired
maraschino cherries with stems, if desired
1. Mix melted butter into graham cracker crumbs. Pat into bottom of 9 x 13 pan.
2. Beat together icing sugar, butter and 1/2 cup cream cheese. Beat until light & fluffy. Spread over graham cracker layer.
3. Add layer of sliced bananas, pineapple tidbits and maraschino cherries.
4. Cover fruit layer with whipped cream or cool whip.
5. Cover bars with wrap and place in fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.
6. Cut into bars with a sharp knife. Garnish each slice with chocolate sprinkles, a slice of banana and a maraschino cherry before serving.
My kids are crazy about this dessert. We don’t make it that often, but when we do…it’s happy smiles all around.