Happy Thanksgiving!

This weekend is Thanksgiving if you live in Canada.
At my house, we are getting prepared for our Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow.
We like a very tradional dinner.
On the menu besides turkey and gravy are:
Mashed potatoes
Carrots
Green Beans
Roasted Squash
Roasted Brussel Sprouts
Rolls & Butter
Homemade Cranberry Sauce
Coleslaw
Pickles

Ginger Ale
White Wine

And for dessert, we are having, at my son’s request, Black Forest Cake,
 and Pumpkin Pie
and these yummy looking gingerbread bars, which I found here.
I just read on facebook where one of my girlfriends just said “Happy Thanksgiving” and then added
“Break out the fat pants!”
So true!
Wishing you all a wonderful weekend…whether it be worn with fat pants or not!
xo

Comments

Happy Thanksgiving Angie! Dave is travelling and my parents are away so it is just me and the kids. I think we will be having a fun, very non-traditional dinner this year! Hope you have a wonderful family dinner – your menu sounds fabulous!
    Jenn xo

Happy Thanksgiving! I thought of my Canadian friends when I was making my maple leaf nailhead pumpkin. Hope it's a joyous celebration!
    Heidi @ Show Some Decor

Yum! I love roasted brussel sprouts–they are the BEST! Black forest cake and everything else sounds delicious too! Sounds like a feast to me! =)
    Happy Thanksgiving!

We stay pretty traditional, too, although there must be cheesecake or apple pie to go along with the pumpkin!
    Can`t wait for the aroma of roasting turkey to permeate the house tomorrow!
    Happy Thanksgiving to your family!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! Your menu sounds amazing. You made me hungry when I read all the vegetables, haha. And the gingerbread bars sound awesome. Yummy! =)

Hi Angie! Hope you had a fantastic Thanksgiving Day! I love your owl, where did you get it? As you know..I love your blog so much..take care and hope all is well with you and your family!

I'm so glad you found my blog! Now I can visit yours. Your dinner sounds kind of like ours was and I'm sure it was every bit as delicious!
    It is always nice to meet another Canadian blogger.
    Your gingerbread bars sound scrummy! I need to make another dessert this week, I will check them out!
    Hugs, Cindy